This tutorial will show users how to mass restart or reopen assignments.
Note: These actions may only be performed by the assignment's author.
Once you've logged in, you'll default to the assignment data page.
To restart or reopen assignments en masse for a specific assignment, follow these steps:
- Locate the assignment in the assignment data page, and click on the row to open the side panel for that assignment.
- Select "Results" from the options along the top of the side panel. This will take you to the Assignment Data | Results page for this assignment.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page where you find individual student results.
- Click the box at the top left corner of the table to select all students.
- Choose either "Restart Assignments" or "Reopen the Assignment" based on your needs.
- Reopening the assignment will allow the student to continue from where they left off, having saved any work that they had previously done.
- When restarting the assignment, the student will need to completely restart every single question within the assignment.
Force submitting an assignment
To force submit an assignment, locate the incomplete tab in the student results. Then click the box to the left of the student's name. You will now see the blue submit assignment button appear. Clicking Submit assignment will force submit that student's assignment. If you would like to force submit all of the students on the list, select the checkbox at the very top of the table and then select 'Submit assignments.'